Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Betta is Dead!

We have hosted many pet fish. We had an exceptionally long lived gold fish, who we named Uber Fish, because no matter the neglect, he refused to die. But eventually he did and is now resting under my rose bush (which, incidentally, has done exceptionally well. Coincidence? I think not).
Last year, Becca prevailed upon us to get her a fish. She was going to be very responsible and she was. But this week saw the passing on of Rainbow. Which she handled with some sorrow, but was remarkably resigned.
Now she's campaigning for a lizard, or a snake. She's being very helpful and very pleasant. Which is very good. Will I really have to reward this behaviour with something that eats live bugs? Please spare me. What patron saint to I appeal to?

No comments: