Saturday, April 11, 2009

12 Years Ago

12 years ago, I was preparing myself for entering into full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.  I had absolutely no idea of the graces that were to be available to me.  I still don't, although I have an inkling.  I just knew that I'd be able to receive the Eucharist.  That Christ would give Himself to me in the most humble of ways.  Even now it amazes me that He comes to me at every Mass.  And as I grow in my faith I know that communion unites me with the saints in Heaven and my brothers and sisters throughout the world.  
12 years ago I little knew what God had planned for me and my husband who joined the Church at the same time.  We didn't know that we'd find ourselves parents to 5 wonderful children.  We didn't know how much we would grow or how much more room for growth there would be.
Thank you Jesus for all of the blessings you've given us.  Create in us grateful hearts.

No comments: