Thursday, November 5, 2009

Domesticity

I am attempting to get the house in order before the baby comes. Unfortunately, my arms are too short and belly too large for much of what needs to be done, plus I'm just dog gone tired. So I must just fret about what will need to wait and do what I can right now and be at peace with that. I am working on training the children and by the level of discontent registering it would seem that there's mild success on that end. I have been able to plan weekly menus for the past month including breakfasts, lunches and supper. I'm working on having all steps written out for my family on household management and am working on supervising the implementation of said steps. Sad to admit, but that's taking all of my patience and energy. I came to the realization that I was doing a disservice to my children in the amount of things I did for them. Really an 11 year old should be able to do a load of laundry and an 8 year old should be able to wash dishes. Yeesh. Although to hear them tell it, there's never been harder lives.

No comments: