Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Should be Reading, but...

It would seem I'm doing everything but reading. This is totally out of character. The material in question that I should be reading is Great Expectations. Truly I could work up my own emotions of depression, without the help of Mr. Dickens. But it is part of THE COURSE, so read it I must. Just not right now ;).
So instead I will blog about things I'm thinking and pondering:
Katherine is sooo beautiful, especially when she smiles.
Toddlers are very cute, especially when they say "buh bye".
Pre-schoolers are very sweet when they insist that you forgot to "kees" them.
Older children provide entertainment too. A conversation overheard:
Boy child 1(disgustedly): "Mom gave me girl socks". (Much disdain in the word "girl")
Boy child 2: "Don't worry. No one can see through your boots unless they have x-ray vision and we don't."
Boy child 1: "You're right."
Another social disaster averted by boy logic. Words cannot express how grateful I am that no one has x-ray vision around here. That would be very complicated.
Science:
Boy child 1: "Why did God even make snot?"
Boy child 2: when asked to think about possible reasons: "It's extra water that makes us pee more."
Me: "Huh?!?"
It seems there's some work to do.
And now onwards and upwards into the bleak world that is Great Expectations.

No comments: