Sunday, August 14, 2011

Midsummer Pity Party

I think for the most part I am a positive person.  It always comes as a shock to me when someone is mean.  I feel blindsided, naive and a little stupid.  Stupid as in "how did I not see that coming" stupid.  And it taints things.  It's similar to have a handful of fresh raspberries and there's one in there that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  And that's how I am feeling about people right now.  I don't understand being nice to someone, while really you're simmering below.  I cannot do that.  I am always civil but that is the extent of it.  I cannot pretend to like someone.  Junior high was a long time ago for me, and I can do nicely without the drama. So now I feel bruised and confused and unable to trust.
I also don't understand why I care.  Why should it matter?  Why isn't Jesus enough for me?  Why do I need other people's acceptance?  Oh and I miss my mom right now.  Maybe our relationship was too dependant, but I always felt accepted and loved and never so lonely when Mom was around. I just miss her so much.  The expression that time heals is a lie.  It dulls the pain because you can't live in that extreme for too long, but the hurt is still there waiting to erupt like a festering sore.  Again, why can't I just be happy for her?  Too selfish I expect.
Toddlers always help with loneliness.  They are always ready with a hug and a cuddle.

No comments: