Friday, May 1, 2009

Where my be

Today found us on the hunt for a suit for First Holy Communion.  It is always an adventure to load up everyone and take them someplace very public.  I always feel like I'm on trial for larger families everywhere.  But that's another post.
We successfully found a great outfit for Patrick.  But poor Matthew.  Everytime he took a shine to something for him we told him no.  The bathing suit that was a size 14 boys, the pink tankini, the pink sunglasses, the fluffy stuffed rabbit, the pink sandals(for Becca): all no.  Then at dinner, due to his recent meal strike, we didn't order him his own meal.  So he's shouting at the waitress, "Me too.  Where my be?" and then at dessert, the same thing.  Sharing wasn't going to cut it.  So onto the last store of the day, a mega store, and once again, "No honey, I don't need to buy you shoes.  You don't need water shoes (because you're not doing swimming lessons with the big kids - not out loud)."  And I just couldn't bear to tell him one more time that he just wasn't getting anything today.  That he has everyone else's hand me downs, that he didn't need anything.  "Yes, my love the sandals that light up are just what you need.  Yes, you can wear them home."  And VERY happily he did.

No comments: